How to Write a Blog
This is a question I get quite often. There are guidelines but no hard fast rules. Blogging can be done for many different purposes so what works for me may not be the perfect answer for you. Here are a few guidelines:
- Make your blog posts scannable – use headings and lists when possible
- Make your blog posts short
- Include photos for interest
- Include the main keyword for the post in your title
- Share your knowledge
- Keep it simple
Blogging can be a very effective method for marketing your business, product, idea, or service. Blogging gets you noticed and ranked by search engines and can bring your website more traffic if done correctly. Just by crating the posts your site will get better organic ranking for a bigger variety of keywords.
Blog writing: What not to do
- Do not create really long posts
- Do not write huge paragraphs
- Do not think you need to be an English major to write
- Do not write above an 8th grade level
Blogging is very easy. Do not let it intimidate you – just take it one post at a time.