What is the difference between a FanPage and a Personal Account in Facebook?
Facebook For Business
Here are 3 huge reasons why a business would want to use a FanPage instead of a Personal Profile for business marketing on Facebook.
- Facebook Fan Pages are public – they get indexed in the search engines ~ Personal Profiles do not.
- Facebook Fan Pages can have an unlimited amount of “Likers” ~ Personal Profiles are limited to 5000.
- Facebook Fan Pages can have numerous Admins that contribute to the page ~ Personal Profiles just have you.
Marketing On Facebook
The second question I get daily is how can I market my business on Facebook? Facebook is one of the most used social networking sites on the Internet today. Currently there are over 500 million active users. I personally only need a very small percentage of those people to get a positive ROI for using Facebook as a marketing tool. Here are a few ideas for marketing your business on Facebook.
- Educate potential customers on the benefits of your product or service
- Provide specials or coupons for your business through Facebook
- Create contests on your Fan Page to get people interacting and returning to your FanPage
- Promote your clients on your Fan page
- Promote other local businesses on your FanPage
- Use your page for Videos and Photos
- Use your Review Tab
- Use the Discussions Tab
- Create a custom Welcome Tab
- Use Facebook Events
Benefits of a FaceBook Fan Page
What has Facebook done for my business?
I have gained clients for my workshops through the Facebook Events feature. When people commit to coming to an event then my event gets put into their news stream. I have gained attendees that I did not actually know by using the Events tab on Facebook. Often times when a business owner attends one of my classes they will attend more, and some have also become website clients.
I get referrals to friends of fans because I use my page for education. This keeps me top of mind and when someone needs a website or help on their website ~ I am the person they think about speaking to for their project.
I also give referrals to my circle of trusted business owners through Facebook. Others know I am a great resource ~ which always comes back around to benefit me sometime in the future. Pay it forward!