Keyword Research is a vital part of the success of your website or blog.
Not doing keyword research, at least on a very basic level, is like shooting a target you cannot see. Occasionally you might hit it but overall you will miss. Here is a great Infographic explaining the process
Are you wanting to be the “Go To” local business?
Ever wonder How To dominate your local market?
Here are the Top 3 marketing strategies I have used to dominate my local market in Web Design.
- Video! Yes I said Video. Video is inexpensive, and very easy to use. For under $100.00 you can buy a video camera that works well enough for the Internet. You do not need HD or any of the fancy features. You will need a good Microphone. You can video yourself (by using a tripod) or have a partner run the camera. You can video other people giving testimonials, or just talking about you or your business. You could do training videos, demonstration videos, gallery videos, or anything else that would be appropriate for your business. Video is the number 1 way to dominate your local market! Once the video is completed it goes on your website, blog, YouTube Channel, Vimeo, Facebook, Google+, and anywhere else you can think of. If you are consistent in producing videos and getting them onto the Internet you will find people know you before they come into your businesses. It is more like selling to a good friend instead of a cold prospect!
- Blogging! Yes I said Blogging. Another inexpensive Continue reading
How to create Keyword rich content
In this live workshop you will be actually creating a blog post, or web page content. I will teach you:
- How to choose the right keywords for your topic
- Where in the post or page to use them
- How often to use them
- The science behind Keywords and Search Engine placement
There is a specific method for creating well optimized content – it is NOT hard and I know you can learn it too.
Come to the Workshop on October 27th 2011. You can register here.
The first day of WordCamp PDX Unconference was well worth attending. I met some great new local talent as well as learned some new ideas and techniques that will benefit all my clients. I so appreciate the vibrant and talented WordPress enthusiasts here in the Portland Vancouver area and have benefited from attending WordCamp the past 3 years.
Some of what I have picked up so far:
- There are vibrant local Musicians that ar3e using WordPress successfully here in the Portland area
- A number of new and very useful Plugins – keep an eye out for the video reviews of these plugins at AskDotty.com very soon
- Ideas to better enhance the client experience when using WordPress as a CMS
I am looking forward to learning more this afternoon.
Article Writing for Web 2.0 sites
I often get asked how to create great online content for websites. Clients say: “I am not a writer” or I just cant think of what to say”. Here is a method that I use to create killer web 2.0 content.
- Do simple keyword research to find the best words for your topic
- If you do not know what topic to write about then do research on your main keywords and see what pops up in the list
- Find 3 supporting keywords
- Use these words as Headers and Sub Headers
- Use them in your paragraphs
- Make the topic something you know a great deal about
Website Content and Article Writing uses the same methods
Any Online Writing can be this simple:
- Create your Keyword List
- Use a Header and Sub Header
- Write a sentence or 2 for introduction
- Create a List
- Insert another sub header
- Final closing sentences
- Use an image if possible
If you follow this simple outline you too can create killer Website Content that will be optimized for your keywords.
How is Google viewing Content Farming?
I have always advised my clients to not copy content from other online sources. It can make you look bad, and now it can get your site blacklisted by the search engines. Here is an article written about Googles plans for Content Farming during 2011.
After reading the article come back and let me know how you feel about this issue.
How to Write a Blog
This is a question I get quite often. There are guidelines but no hard fast rules. Blogging can be done for many different purposes so what works for me may not be the perfect answer for you. Here are a few guidelines:
- Make your blog posts scannable – use headings and lists when possible
- Make your blog posts short
- Include photos for interest
- Include the main keyword for the post in your title
- Share your knowledge
- Keep it simple
Blogging can be a very effective method for marketing your business, product, idea, or service. Blogging gets you noticed and ranked by search engines and can bring your website more traffic if done correctly. Just by crating the posts your site will get better organic ranking for a bigger variety of keywords.
Blog writing: What not to do
- Do not create really long posts
- Do not write huge paragraphs
- Do not think you need to be an English major to write
- Do not write above an 8th grade level
Blogging is very easy. Do not let it intimidate you – just take it one post at a time.