Nonprofits can now easily afford to use Adwords to promote:
- Fundraising Activities
- Recruitment of Volunteers
- General Outreach
Google Grants: In-Kind Awards for Nonprofits
For qualifying non profit organizations Google will award up to $10,000 per month in AdWords advertising. This essentially means that a non-profit can run an Adwords campaign for free. There are a few restrictions:
- No bid can be over $1.00 per click. This means that really competitive keywords will not be available for this program.
- Ads have to meet quality specifications set by Google and they have to promote one of the 3 things listed above.
- Only eligible to advertise on Google.com not the syndication networks.
- You must have a website, and your ads must link to a page on your website.
- The keywords you target must be relevant to your programs and services.
- Your website cannot display revenue generating ads, such as Google AdSense or affiliate advertising links, while participating in Google Grants.
- The on-going, active management of your advertising campaign is your organization’s responsibility once your account is active.
Requirements for the Nonprofit
- Must be a 501C3
- Non-discriminatory organization
- Based in the United States
- An organization’s 501(c)(3) status must first be publicly updated in Guidestar’s online database; copies of IRS letters are not sufficient for this requirement. Please note that this update can take some time after an organization receives IRS notification of its 501(c)(3) determination.
- Must have a website
- Must have the ability to manage an Adwords campaign
This is a great program for non profits to be able to take advantage of the power of Adwords. For more details read about the Google Grant program.