11 Article Directories
I am always getting asked what are the best article directories for posting article content on the Internet. For those of you that do not know – posting articles on the Internet is a great way to build up your authority and credibility as well as generate backlinks to your site or blog. Articles are not sales letters or blatantly self-promotional. Articles are things that your customers need to know – not specifically about your business but in general. Demonstrate your wealth of knowledge. The list below is both article directories and microblogging sites. Both achieve the goals of education and backlinks.
- Medium – I like this site because you can republish your blog posts here without changing them. They offer a place to enter a canonical URL. You would enter the original URL of your blog and it will get the credit for the article. You will get more people reading your article by using this platform. they have free and paid membership levels.
- WhirLocal – This is a free directory that allows for blog posting as well. That is an affiliate link – it is a program that I love to use for my business. They have a free level which all businesses should take advantage of.
- Google My Business – Your GMB account allows you to post articles, events, and more. This is a free account so be sure to use it.
- Quora – This is a platform to ask questions. You can also search for areas of your expertise and answer questions. This is a great site for acquiring backlinks.
- Tumblr – This is a microblogging website that has been around for years. It has its own following and getting an account here can get you exposure to a whole new audience.
- ArticleBiz – Article submission website.
- eZine Articles – Another article submission website. They have a free level.
- HubPages – They are super picky about quality and length. They want well-researched articles that are substantial. If you can produce this type of content this is a great place for you!
- ArticleBase – They clearly lay out the article expectations.
- ArticleCube – They accept articles in the following categories: Business, Food, Health, Home, and Technology.
- OtherArticles – another article directory.
Post update November 12, 2021: Backlinks from Article Directories are no longer valued by Google. Although this is a great way to build your credibility as an authority in your niche it has very little SEO value.