Be The Expert
When interacting with customers and potential customers through social networks, it’s important not to get too “sales pitchy.” Your Engagement Goal:
- Your goal is to educate
- To contribute valuable information that can help establish you as an expert in your field
- To make yourself seem more human and approachable
What Is Social Selling?
- Social Selling is the art of using social networks to find, connect with, understand, and nurture potential customers.
- It’s a way to develop meaningful relationships with potential customers that keep you and your brand front of mind.
- So, you are the natural first point of contact when a potential customer is ready to buy.
Social Selling Goal: Is to cultivate one-on-one relationships with your customers and potential customers.
Pay Attention To Your Customers
Your customers and potential customers are sharing incredibly valuable information on their social channels. They are basically telling you exactly what they want and need. All you have to do is pay attention to them.
Embrace The New Social Selling Channel
Social Selling is not a one-time activity. It is NOT a “Set it and forget it” plan. It must be done on a consistent, ongoing manner in conjunction with existing sales promotions. Your customers, potential customers, and your competitors all use social media. Embrace it and watch sales grow or ignore it and get left behind. It’s that simple.